- We use only fabrics that can withstand years of usage, such as good quality, soft canvas and durable metal parts. However, as all things are subjected to wear and tear, and various weather conditions, we advise customers to keep Beary Naise products out of direct sunlight, damp conditions, and to avoid them coming into contact with food ( yikes, accidents happen! )
- Whenever possible, we protect our bags with Scotch's water-resistant spray so liquids are more likely to be repelled away from fabric
- Our products are handmade in a smoke-free, pet-free home studio
- We do provide a one-month warranty: We will provide full refund if the product's stitches fall apart or it fails to fulfil its purpose anymore.
- This warranty only covers the product's quality and workmanship, and does not cover change of mind or intentional/accidental damage to product.
- You're required to send us photos of the flaw and send the product back to us for the full refund at bearynaise at gmail dot com
- Small items are dispatched via Singpost and larger items via local courier service
- Do state your preferred day and times for courier delivery whenever possible, to ensure that the parcel is received safely
- Orders are shipped on business days only. Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays
- It takes 2-3 days to receive your parcel, while during festive seasons it may take up to 7 days
- We ship worldwide using Singapore Post Airmail. All international parcels are registered and come with a tracking number
- Parcels are shipped on business days only. Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays
- All international deliveries require a signature upon receipt of parcel. In the event that an attempt delivery has been made, you will need to collect your parcel at the nearest local post office
- All taxes and custom charges are responsibility of the customer and are not included in the total cost of order. Taxes and Custom charges differ from countries and state of the shipping address. We suggest checking with your local customs office if you are unsure of what charges are relevant to you